Are you looking to download the BlueStacks App Player for Windows? The BlueStacks App Player is an Android emulator that lets you run apps written for the Android OS on your Windows PC. You can even access the Google Play store to download all the free apps that are available there. This enables you to use your favorite apps or play all the fun games from the Google Play store that are normally restricted to your phone. With the BlueStacks Cloud Connect feature, you can even sync all the apps from your phone to your BlueStacks Windows PC.
Why should you download BlueStacks App Player or any other Android emulator?
If you don’t know yet why you would download BlueStacks App Player or use any other Android emulator, then I can give you some very convincing reasons. First of all, if you don’t have an Android smartphone or Android tablet, you can nevertheless use the apps that are only found on the Google Play store. Just think of all the games that you can freely download and that provide hours upon hours of fun! Or what about the communication apps that allow you to contact your friends without paying any telephone fees?
Another reason might be that you want to run the beautiful games that are only available for Android devices on a big screen to get really immersed. BlueStacks for Windows allows you to play them on your large computer screen, or you can even hook up your Windows PC to your huge flat screen TV and play away in your living room.
What are the system requirements to install and run BlueStacks?
BlueStacks for Windows currently has the following system requirements:
- You must be an Administrator on your PC
- For Windows XP: Service Pack 3 (SP3), which can be installed through Windows Update
- For Windows XP: Windows Installer 4.5 – which can be downloaded from here
- For Windows XP: .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, which can be downloaded from here
- Your PC should have at least 1 GB of main memory, however 2 GB is recommended
- The default installation drive is C:\, currently there is no option to install it on any other drive
- The installation drive needs 2 GB of free disk space
- The drivers for your PC’s graphics drivers should be updated for compatibility with BlueStacks as described in this post
What are the BlueStacks alternatives or where to get other software like BlueStacks?
There are a number of alternatives to BlueStacks that also provide Android emulation, but they are mostly inferior. There are three main contenders that should be mentioned:
YouWave is a pretty decent emulator which offers two different versions of the Android OS, but both are paid options. Windroy is free and really fast because it is run on the Windows kernel, but it is not as stable as BlueStacks. Manymo is a bit different, because it is run in the browser and allows you to embed Android apps into a web page. It is however a paid emulator, too.
How can I download BlueStacks App Player for Windows?
You can download the BlueStacks Android emulator through their official homepage by clicking on the following link and choosing your operating system:
If you want to get detailed instructions on how to install BlueStacks on your desktop computer, follow one of the links below:
- How to install BlueStacks on Windows Vista
- How to install BlueStacks on Windows 7
- How to install BlueStacks on Windows 8