Viber is a popular messaging app with similar functionality than WhatsApp or WeChat. You can use it to text people from all over the world for free through a standard internet connection. It also allows you to send pictures, audio recordings or videos. Viber uses your phone number to connect your account to your device. This way, you can quickly find the Viber accounts of people that you already know the phone number of.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to download Viber for PC and quickly get going.
IMPORTANT: Don’t use an existing account before reading this!
As Viber uses your phone number to connect the online Viber account to your device, you will need a separate phone number for your PC if you have already installed Viber on your real smartphone. You will then have to buy a separate prepaid card to get a new phone number that your PC can use.
If you can’t or don’t want to use Viber on your real phone, then you can of course use this phone number to get it installed on your PC.
Viber For PC Download Step-By-Step Guide
- If you have already installed and configured BlueStacks correctly, just run BlueStacks and skip ahead to step 5.
- Download BlueStacks For PC.
- Install BlueStacks For Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8.
- Configure your Google Account for BlueStacks.
- Click on ‘App Search‘.
- Enter ‘Viber‘ in the search box and click on ‘Find‘.
- Look for the right app (it should say exactly ‘Viber‘) and click on the ‘Install‘ button beside it.
- Click on the ‘Viber‘ icon in the Android Market column (the one at the right). If it is not displayed, you might need to close this window and repeat from step 7.
- If you get a dialog that asks you whether you accept the Google Play TOS, just click the ‘Accept‘ button.
- The official app screen from the Google Play store will be shown, click the ‘INSTALL‘ button in the upper right corner.
- You will be shown the permissions that the Viber app needs to be able to run correctly, click on the ‘ACCEPT‘ button in the lower right corner.
- After that the installation procedure has finished, you can click on the ‘OPEN‘ button in the upper right corner to launch the Viber app.
- You can then choose whether you want to add a shortcut to your home screen. You should probably click on the ‘OK‘ button.
- You’ll get a loading screen first. Just wait for it to finish loading.
- Then you’ll get to the welcome screen of the Viber app. Click on the ‘Continue‘ button to get to the next screen.
- Viber now asks permission to get access to your phone’s address book. If you want to allow Viber to sync your phone’s contacts, click the ‘Ok‘ button.
- Now you can enter your phone number to get the confirmation SMS to verify this phone number.
IMPORTANT: As already mentioned above, if you’re already using Viber on a real smartphone, don’t enter this same number here. If you do, the Viber app on your real phone will stop working!
In this case you should buy a cheap prepaid card just to get a new phone number and use this card temporarily in your real phone to get the verification SMS.
- Confirm that you have entered the correct phone number by clicking on the ‘OK‘ button.
- You need to wait a few seconds for your phone to receive the activation SMS.
- Now you can enter the verification code that you received in an SMS to your real phone.
- When your phone number has been verified, you can enter the name you want to be seen as and add a profile picture. The click on the ‘Continue‘ button.
- You’ve finally arrived at the main screen where you can start chatting with your friends!
Congratulations, you have now correctly installed Viber on your desktop computer. Start chatting with your best buddies and have fun! Remember that you can also install WhatsApp or WeChat for similar functionality.