WhatsApp is a very popular messaging app that you can use to text with people from around the world without paying any fees, as long as you have some sort of internet connection. You can also send pictures, sound recordings or videos. WhatsApp is special in that it uses your phone number to connect your account to your device. This way, you can quickly find the WhatsApp accounts of people that you already know the phone number of.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to download WhatsApp for PC and quickly get going.
IMPORTANT: Don’t use an existing account before reading this!
As WhatsApp uses your phone number to connect the online WhatsApp account to your device, you will need a separate phone number for your PC if you have already installed WhatsApp on your real smartphone. You will then have to buy a separate prepaid card to get a new phone number that your PC can use.
If you can’t or don’t want to use WhatsApp on your real phone, then you can of course use this phone number to get it installed on your PC.
WhatsApp For PC Download Step-By-Step Guide
- If you have already installed and configured BlueStacks correctly, just run BlueStacks and skip ahead to step 5.
- Download BlueStacks For PC.
- Install BlueStacks For Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8.
- Configure your Google Account for BlueStacks.
- Click on ‘App Search‘.
- Enter ‘WhatsApp‘ in the search box and click on ‘Find‘.
- Look for the right app (it should say exactly ‘WhatsApp Messenger‘) and click on the ‘Install‘ button beside it.
- Click on the ‘WhatsApp Messenger‘ icon in the Android Market column (the one at the right).
- If you get a dialog that asks you whether you accept the Google Play TOS, just click the ‘Accept‘ button.
- The official app screen from the Google Play store will be shown, click the ‘INSTALL‘ button in the upper right corner.
- You will be shown the permissions that the WhatsApp Messenger needs to be able to run correctly, click on the ‘ACCEPT‘ button in the lower right corner.
- After that the installation procedure has finished, you can click on the ‘OPEN‘ button in the upper right corner to launch the WhatsApp app.
- Click on the ‘Agree and continue‘ button at the bottom of the Welcome screen.
- Now you can enter your phone number to get the confirmation SMS to verify this phone number.
IMPORTANT: As already mentioned above, if you’re already using WhatsApp on a real smartphone, don’t enter this same number here. If you do, the WhatsApp app on your real phone will stop working!
In this case you should buy a cheap prepaid card just to get a new phone number and use this card temporarily in your real phone to get the verification SMS.
- Confirm that you have entered the correct phone number by clicking on the ‘OK‘ button.
- As the verification SMS will be sent to your phone, and not to your computer, you will have to wait for several minutes for the verification process to fail.
- Now you can enter the verification code that you received in an SMS to your real phone.
- When your phone number has been verified, you can enter the name you want to be seen as and add a profile picture.
- Finally, you’ll get a notification telling you how long your free plan will last.
This is it, you have now correctly installed WhatsApp Messenger on your desktop computer. Have fun!